Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The first of many

I am a first year medical student and I absolutely adore all food. I believe food should be an experience in its own right, a delight for all the senses. I want so much to be a doctor and I love where I am right now, but food is and always will be a divine distraction from my studies. Here I mean to discuss my trials and tribulations through medical school and the food that gets me through it all.
Today after a rather horrid exam three I came home and made a lovely fast lunch. 
A tandoori chicken and pesto panini with spinach and mozzarella on a whole grain chibatta. I also had with that my first pumpkin spice latte of the season...oh how I do love fall and all the flavors and colors that it brings. I also had a side of spiced plantain chips. It was divine and healthy. In cooking I always look for ways to make things healthier and faster, with all the flavor and more of the original. This was an amazing lunch a fusion of the Indian flavors I grew up with and a classic Italian panini (minus all the oil of course :))
For dinner one of my best friends came to visit... we cracked open a lovely Argentinian Malbec and I made a garden vegetable risotto with turkey bacon.

The wine was crisp and full bodied and it complimented the creamy and delicious risotto beautifully. I have come up with a trick to make a risotto from scratch in just about 15 minutes...I shall write more about this later but for now good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment